Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE), all India examination for candidates having undergraduate subjects in Engineering/Technology/Architecture and postgraduate level subjects in Science. The GATE score assists in getting admissions to post-graduate programs (eg. M.E., M.Tech, direct Ph.D.) in Indian institutes of higher education with financial assistance provided by MHRD and other Government agencies. The eligible candidates can send online application before the last date 03 October 2013.
- Opening Date for Online Registration: 02 September 2013
- Closing Date for Online Registration: 03 October 2013
- Last Date of Receipt of hard copy of application: 10 October 2013
- Date of Examination: Between 01 February 2014 to 02 March 2014
Eligibility Criteria: The following categories of candidates are eligible to appear in GATE Exam 2014:
- Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering / Technology / Architecture / Pharmacy (Post – Diploma / Post-B.Sc / 4 years after 10+2) and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Candidates in the final year of the Four-year Bachelor’s degree program in science (B.S.)(Post-Diploma/4 years after 10+2).
- Master’s degree holders in any branch of Science / Mathematics / Statistics / Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Candidates in the second or higher year of the Four year Integrated Master’s degree program or (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering / Technology.
- Candidates in the fourth or higher year of Five year Integrated Mater’s degree program or Dual Degree program in Engineering / Technology.
- Candidates in the final year of Five-year integrated M.Sc. or Five year integrated B.S. – M.S. program.
- Candidates with qualification obtained through examination conducted by professional AMIE by IE (I), AMICE (I) by ICE (I) as equivalent to B.E/B.Tech. Those who have completed section A or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible.
General and OBC Male Candidates are required to pay fee Rs.1500/- and SC/ST/PD/Women Category Candidates are required to pay fee Rs.750/- through Online Net Banking or SBI Challan or Syndicate Bank.
How to Apply
Candidates are required to apply through Online Application Mode at official website before 03 October 2013
VISIT WEBSITE : http://gateapp.iitkgp.ac.in/gate/