CAT 2015 Notification – Salient Features
IIMs have released notification for CAT 2015. CAT 2015 will be conducted on a single day (in two slots), on 29 November, 2015. The test will be a pre-requisite for admissions into the 19 flagship PGP programmes, 12 other PG programmes (such as ABM, HRM) and 15 FPM programmes at the 19 IIMs.
The test pattern changes are highlighted below –
- The test will have three sections – QA (Quantitative Aptitude), DILR (Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning), VRC (Verbal and Reading Comprehension).
- No. of questions per section – QA 34, DILR 32, VRC 34.
- Test-taker cannot move across sections at any point through the test. The sections are individually-timed, each allotted a duration of 60 min each, i.e., an overall time of 180 min.
- Non-MCQ type questions are being introduced in CAT 2015 – a few answers will have to be typed on the screen.
- Use of basic on-screen calculator will be permitted during the test.
Important Dates –
|Registration starts||6 August, 2015|
|Registration closes||20 September, 2015|
| Admit cards can be downloaded from;
Online Tutorial, sample test will be available on website from
|15 October, 2015|
|Test Date||29 November, 2015|
|Results will be out in||Second week of January, 2016|
Eligibility – The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA (45% in case of the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Persons with Disability (PWD)/Differently Abled (DA) category). Candidates appearing for the final year of bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed degree requirements and are awaiting results can also apply.
Reservation – As per the Government of India requirements, 15% of the seats are reserved for Scheduled Caste (SC) and 7.5% for Scheduled Tribe (ST) candidates. 27% of seats are reserved for Other Backward Classes candidates belonging to the “non – creamy” layer (NC – OBC). 3% seats are reserved for Differently Abled (DA) candidates.
Registration mode – Online (there is no offline mode)
Test Fee – INR 1600 for Gen, NC OBC, INR 800 for SC, ST, PWD
Exam centers – 650 test sites in 136 test cities, 4 city preferences are to be given at the time of registration.